Friday 19 September 2008

A fine day for performance

I awoke with a bang this morning.

Literally.

I rolled off my bed at approx 5.30am this morning and am now the proud owner of a bump on my forehead.

Fine start to the day i thought so i prepared the necessities; made a packed lunch, breakfast, monster cup of tea to kick start my bladder and a snowball for vintage-ness. 57p for 4 which I thought was rather cheap for small yet calorific piece of history. Did you know they've stayed the same size since 1945? I thought that was riveting information that. Intriguing.

IT services will probably look at my work account and think "what the poop does this girl do? does she ever do any work?!" The wonderful answer to that is No. You see, i feel its against my religion (ha) and besides I believe that working is detrimental to my career and personal development.
However my views on "working" CAN be swayed by a higher paycheque.. anyway with the anti-work-but-pay-me-lots way of thinking I embarked on a journey to do as little as possible but make myself look as busy as hell. What's the best way? Phone calls :-) they really are a godsend.tap tap tap on the keyboard with the odd grimace and the occassional "oh no, really?" to my good friends Mr MD and Mr AE whilst in reality talking about the previous nights shenanigans.

No comments: